If you have a liver disease, FibroScan may be the better option.
What is FibroScan?
FibroScan is an FDA approved, painless, non-invasive liver scan that identifies liver fibrosis, or scar tissue in a fraction of the time and cost of a liver biopsy.
- Substitute for a liver biopsy
- Covered by most insurance plans
Candidates for FibroScan
- Hepatitis B or Hepititis C
- Liver disease related to alcohol
- Alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Chronis liver disease, such as:
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
Benefits of FibroScan
- FDA Approved
- Non-invasive, 10 minute procedure
- Cheaper option
- Early detection of liver fibrosis
- No hospitalization
- Covered by most insurance companies